Who We Are
The Ghazal Page began in 1999, the year that we got desktop computers at home. It has seen many changes since then and published many good ghazals. In 2010, seven contributing editors joined The Ghazal Page. These folks have already made substantial contributions of poetry and prose to The Ghazal Page. You may expect to see more work from them as well as special issues and other items. These talented people will also enrich The Ghazal Page by advising the editor.
Publisher and Editors
- Mary Cresswell discovered ghazals after seeing a copy of Aga Shahid Ali's anthology. She is interested in varying the form in English but has a long way to go yet and a lot to learn! She's from Los Angeles and lives in New Zealand.
- Taylor Graham lives on five acres with a husband, two German Shepherds trained for search-and-rescue, two untrainable cats, and six sheep. Visit her at Somerset Sunset.
- David Quentin Dauthier has lived in the People's Republic of China since 1999. He teaches English composition and Classical Languages (Latin & Greek) at the Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.
- Sukhdarshan Dhaliwal
- David Jalajel
- Azam Obidov is a poet and translator, living in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- Tree Riesener is the author of a chapbook of ghazals and sijo, Liminalog. She has published two other chapbooks, Inscapes and Angel Poison. A full-length collection of ekphrastic poetry, EK, is
forthcoming in 2012 from Cervena Barva Press.,
Back to the information index