Information on The Ghazal Page
This Web 'zine presents original ghazals in English, with the purpose of publishing good poems and promoting the ghazal as a form in American (English) poetry.
- How to submit ghazals
- Who we are: the editor, assistant editor, and contributing editors.
- Some information on the background of The Ghazal Page and its policies and practices.
- Gene Doty's developing essay about the ghazal as a form in English.
- I also wrote a brief essay on a possible rhyme scheme for ghazals in English. When I wrote this essay, I was unclear on the use of the radif and qafiya, so my suggestion is naive. However, I am making it available for whatever interest it may have.
- I have also collected some links to other web sites relevant to ghazals. I hope you find these sites useful, and if you know of others I haven't included, please let me know.
- I welcome comments, questions, suggestions and other feedback. You may click here to email me. Alternatively, visit Gino's Ghazal Blog and comment there.
Beginning with the first issue for 2012, The Ghazal Page will publish a new issue when there are enough publishable ghazals on hand. "Enough" means five to ten. The editor plans to respond to submissions more quickly than in the past and to publish accepted ghazals more quickly as well.
There is no set number of issues for the year. The number and frequency of issues depends on the submission of publishable ghazals.
Back to main page